Zay Flowers on his goal-line fumble: I will learn from my mistakes

 Rookie receiver Zay Flowers had 119 of the Ravens’ 336 yards, and he scored their only touchdown. But not scoring a second touchdown when he was thisclose will haunt him the entire offseason.


https://www.nbcsports.com/watch/nfl/profootballtalk/pft-pm/what-happens-to-belichick-after-atl-hires-morris




On the first play of the fourth quarter, Flowers caught a short pass from Lamar Jackson and was diving into the end zone for a 9-yard touchdown. As Flowers was about to cross the plane, Chiefs cornerback L’Jarius Sneed knocked the ball loose.

Trent McDuffie recovered for the Chiefs in the end zone.

Flowers said after the game he thought he crossed the goal, but replay confirmed he fumbled first.

“Yeah, I thought I did, honestly,” Flowers said, via a transcript from the team, “but I’ll learn from my mistakes.”

Commentaires